Ingredients used from my Recipe for Play:
- Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints – Lemon, Tangerine,
- Golden Artist Colors – Titan Buff
- Book papers
- Washi tape – Little B. and Tim Holtz
- Handmade collage papers
- Black Stabilo pencil
- Black Fude Ball 1,5 pen
- Caran d’Ache Neocolor IIs – Bleu Turquoise and Olive Clair
- Derwent Inktense Pencils – Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Orange, Peacock Blue, and Mauve
I created this piece while following along with a lesson in Nathalie Kalbach’s Creative Jumpstart 2018. The lesson from Day 1, led by Mystele, was to create a recipe for play and then to carry it out. She demonstrated from start to finish, her creating a mixed media piece that was a portrait of a girl. I was inspired by what she did, but my subject matter was very different as I decided to paint a junco, which we are currently seeing a lot around our house. This was a lot of fun. I think I’ll incorporate this into a journal page although it can stand on its own. In the above photo you can also see a portion of the “recipe card” I made. Thanks for visiting.
January 29th, 2018 at 12:32 am
I *really* like this – it has so much texture and detail and I love your soft colours.
January 29th, 2018 at 5:58 am
This is amazing! You are very talented! What a beautiful bird.
February 28th, 2018 at 3:38 pm